6 Ways to Add Comfort to Any Space
We’ve all experienced those times when a room is amazing to look at but uncomfortable to exist in. Homeowner and animal activist Yvette Dobbie has a few tips to add comfort to any space using your own decor features.
1. Arrange your furniture to create intimate seating areas for two people or for numerous guests.
2. Combine new and old collected items for a more personal touch. Use accessories that reflect your personal interests to add a personal touch to any space.
3. Bring in the sunshine. There’s nothing more charming than natural light and views through bare windows. I deliberately don’t have window coverings in most of the house because I love to let the light in, which makes the home very bright and airy.
4. Hide all electronics: exposed audio and visual equipment is an eyesore. Store them in armoires and dressers and when the budget allows, install in-wall speakers.
5. For making a small room seem bigger, expand the space visually by bringing in an oversized piece of furniture. Whether it’s an armoire, writing desk or dining room table, it will instantly make the room seem larger.
6. I believe this famous quote is a mandatory “design tip”: “In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.”
By Justine Lopez
Photography by Mark Tanner
Styled by Jacqueline deMontravel