Who says dessert has to look drab? Complement a colorful and decorative table with an equally colorful and decorative treat–add a little eye candy to your mouth candy with the following recipe guaranteed to wow your guests.
Even dessert is given the neon treatment when a simple bundt cake is drizzled with orange glaze and pomegranate seeds.
Sweet Orange Glaze Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp water or non-dairy milk to thin
- ¼ tsp orange zest or tsp orange extract
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the melted butter with the powdered sugar. Mash until a thick white mixture forms and the powdered sugar is smooth and thick.
- Add in the liquid, a splash at a time, until a glaze texture forms.
- Stir in the orange and vanilla flavor.
- Refrigerate until ready to drizzle on desserts such as cakes or muffins.
Written and photographed by Jacqueline deMontravel
Styled by Amanda Heer