Mix recycled and new items to create a stunning, well-read wreath.
Designing with paper has been a longtime passion of mine. Recently I wanted something to go with my Country French theme. Using a vintage, unbound book, I created a wreath that looks great anywhere in my home, and I can update it with different embellishments each year.
This French Book Paper Wreath is such an easy project, you can’t make a mistake.
You will need:
1 antique or vintage book or sheet music (I use books that are unbound)
1 wreath form
Hot glue gun
Instructions for wreath:
- Remove pages from the book.
2. Roll each page as shown in (a).
3. Scrunch in the edge of the page with your hands as shown in (b).
4. Place glue on the scrunched-up bottom of each roll and glue onto the base.
5. Cover the form with glued, rolled pages until the base is completely covered.
Instructions for banner:
- Cut to any shape you wish. I spelled out “Joyeux Noël” in a banner shape on my
computer and then used antique sheet music cut to size in my printer to print it
- Glue edges and add glitter to the banner.
- Punch holes on each side with a hole punch. Thread ribbon through holes and tie in a bow.
- Alternately, you can attach ribbon with glue and make a pretty bow.
- Glue the banner to the wreath with hot glue.
Written by Lidy Baars
Photography by Bret Gum