DIY Cake Stands
Create one-of-a-kind, DIY cake stands with vintage plates and cast-off candleholders.
What You’ll Need:
Candleholder with flat surface
E-6000 or similar craft adhesive
Beaded trim (optional)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
- To make DIY cake stands, start by covering your work surface with paper towels.
- Clean and dry plate and candleholder.
- Place plate upside-down on paper towels.
- Following manufacturer’s directions, adhere top of candleholder to the bottom center of plate with craft adhesive. Let dry overnight.
- If desired, adhere beaded trim to the bottom edge of the plate using hot glue gun.
Creative Uses for Your DIY Cake Stands
• Put your treasures on display. From perfume bottles and vases to salt-and-pepper shakers and bowls, collectibles take center stage when elevated.
• Keep dishtowels and washcloths close at hand in the kitchen or bathroom.
• Organize your jewelry. The perfect place for bracelets, earrings and rings.
• Display votive and pillar candles. Use stands of different heights to create an interesting setting.
• Corral your keys and cell phone on a dresser or table.
• Place a cake stand near your front door to hold letters, bills and to-do lists.
Written and photographed by Rebecca Ittner