Create one-of-a-kind, DIY cake stands with vintage plates and cast-off candleholders.
What You’ll Need:
Candleholder with flat surface
E-6000 or similar craft adhesive
Beaded trim (optional)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
To make DIY cake stands, start by covering your work surface with paper towels.
Clean and dry plate and candleholder.
Place plate upside-down on paper towels.
Following manufacturer’s directions, adhere top of candleholder to the bottom center of plate with craft adhesive. Let dry overnight.
If desired, adhere beaded trim to the bottom edge of the plate using hot glue gun.
Creative Uses for Your DIY Cake Stands
• Put your treasures on display. From perfume bottles and vases to salt-and-pepper shakers and bowls, collectibles take center stage when elevated.
• Keep dishtowels and washcloths close at hand in the kitchen or bathroom.
• Organize your jewelry. The perfect place for bracelets, earrings and rings.
• Display votive and pillar candles. Use stands of different heights to create an interesting setting.
• Corral your keys and cell phone on a dresser or table.
• Place a cake stand near your front door to hold letters, bills and to-do lists.
To buy these types of products visit: http://www.plaidparasol.com/tabletop/serveware
Written and photographed by Rebecca Ittner