DIY: Customized School Supplies
School is right around the corner again and whether we’re dreading it or excited to go back, creating pretty customized supplies is a fun way to start a new semester. Try this DIY project with little ones, friends or enjoy it all by yourself! You’ll be looking forward to class and showing off your one-of-kind supplies in no time.
What You Need:
• School supplies (brads, erasers, glue bottles,
notebooks, paper clips, pencils, scissors,
• Decoupage medium
• Decorative paper (scrapbooking paper or
photocopies of favorite fabrics, handkerchiefs
• Glue stick
• Hole punch
• School glue
• Paper cutter
How To Do It:
Assemble all of your school supply purchases and craft supplies and size them up. Think: How can I decorate this? Here are some ideas to get you started:
• Tie short strips of soft ribbon to scissor handles and to the tops of paper clips.
• Punch holes in decorative paper, and then affix the tiny circles to the heads of tacks or brads.
• Cover the front of a notebook or sturdy folder with a collage of decorative paper. Seal with a light coat of decoupage medium.
• Cover the label on a bottle of glue with a rectangle of paper.
The possibilities here are endless. Experiment with multiple textures and colors. Try customizing supplies for your teachers or friends to give as first-day-back gifts!
Written, styled and photographed by: Elyse Major, author of Tinkered Treasures
Additional text by: Elizabeth Delehanty