DIY Inspiration Board
Make an inspiration board, like this one by Amy Chalmers, to stay organized while adding beauty. Consider these tips and be inspired.
1. Use just a frame or a framed painting. Amy painted over her canvas for a blank background. Cork, fabric chalkboard paint or simply nothing at all also works.
2. Decorate the frame by adding a coat of paint, spray paint or patina.
3. Amy used twine to create the clotheslines. Wire is another option.
4. Camouflage the hardware with vintage buttons or other embellishments.
5. Use colored markers, paint, stamps or decorated tape to craft a pretty pin.
6. For a new way to frame and display pictures, make smaller versions of this board and pin family photos.
7. Store supplies for pinning near your inspiration board in a pretty dish.
8. This inspiration board doesn’t have to be placed in an office. Use it to hold recipes and place for the kitchen.
9. Place sewing pins in the canvas to fill extra space and hold more items between clotheslines.
10. Mix up the contents of the board. Combine photos, swatches and other inspiring items to get a full idea of where your inspiration may lead.
For more inspiration from Amy Chalmers’ blog, visit her at Maison Decor.
By Beth Livesay
Photography by Brenda Souza