Use Formal and Functional Pieces to Transform a Natural Setting
Fall is the best time to utilize the natural color palette around you–host the perfect outdoor gathering before we bid our final farewell to the season, and welcome winter and the ensuing holidays into our homes. Discover how touches of burlap, vibrant color, and fun pumpkins can make all the difference. Here are seven ideas for using formal and functional details in your table setting.
1. A rustic picnic table is gussied up with gold-trimmed china set against sturdy pewter utensils.
2. Propping the serving in bell jars aside florals they also act as decorations.
3. Provincial burlap is used as a tablecloth and romanticized with a rose and pink-striped table runner.
4. Lace is layered here and there, most notably draped over a wooden footstool, creating a pedestal dish for a pie.
5. Height is also added to the tablescape with a floral pumpkin arrangement propped in an urn.
6. Sunflowers, a fall staple, are mixed with graceful blooms in unexpected bright colors such as pink and blue.
7. Spray paint decorative frames in festive colors. Pop out the glass and cover in burlap ribbon and bits of trim. Add a scrabble pieces each to spell out words suitable to your gathering.
Don’t forget to check out more tips on how to create a colorful outdoor tablescape for fall!
Written and photographed by Jacqueline deMontravel
Styled by Amanda Heer