Create one-of-a-kind, DIY cake stands with vintage plates and cast-off candlesticks.
What You’ll Need:
Candleholder with flat surface
E-6000 or similar heavy-duty craft adhesive
- Start by covering your work surface with something you won’t mind throwing out if things get messy. Paper towels, a plastic trash bag or a drop cloth are all options.
- Clean and dry plate and candleholder.
- Place plate upside-down on your work surface.
- Following manufacturer’s directions, adhere top of candleholder to the bottom center of plate with craft adhesive. Let dry overnight.
- After the glue has completely cured, put the stand right-side up and add your favorite dessert (it doesn’t have to be cake!)
Creative Uses for Your DIY Stands:
• Put your treasures on display. From perfume bottles and vases to salt-and-pepper shakers and bowls, collectibles take center stage when elevated.
• Organize your jewelry. The perfect catch-all for bracelets, earrings and rings.
• Display votive and pillar candles. Use stands of different heights to create an interesting setting.
• Corral your keys and cell phone on a dresser or table.