Add a little extra flare (and a personalized touch) to the cupcakes you’re serving up at your latest gathering with these easy-to-make paper flags. These flags can also be used to transform a cupcake, tea sandwich or other treat into a place card.
What You’ll Need
- Wooden toothpicks
- Glue stick
- Paper (Scrapbook or wrapping paper, book pages and stationary are all fair game!)
- Embellishments (like adhesive gems or paper roses)
What You’ll Do
- If personalizing, type a list of words in a selected font and color, making sure to leave sufficient room for cutting around each word. You may need to experiment a bit with font sizes.
- Fold flag paper in half, making sure to crease well.
- Cut a triangle shape making sure that the pointed end is opposite the fold. Unfolded, you should have a small paper diamond.
- Lightly coat the inside of your “diamond” with glue stick.
- Slip toothpick into the fold, positioning it toward the top.
- Close the “diamond” along the toothpick, making sure to align the edges.
- Smooth as needed and allow to dry.
- Leave as-is or add decorations.
- Voila! Insert into cakes, cupcakes, muffins, sandwiches and more!
For more on Elyse Major, visit tinkeredtreasures.blogspot.com.