We love to celebrate Valentine’s Day around here. Here’s a fun and easy DIY banner you can use for your Valentine’s Day party or to brighten up your home for a romantic evening for two. Here’s how to do it:
- Cardstock or scrapbook paper in pink and red
- Letter template
- Used book (we got ours at the local library bookstore)
- Double-sided tape
- Embellishments, such as small gems, pearls or glitter glue
- Twine or string
- Washi tape or tacks
- Miniature clothes pins
How to Do It:
- Determine what size you want to make your banner pieces. We cut our banners to 4″ x 6″. Feel free to mix and match the pieces with patterned and solid paper.
- Cut into the middle of the banner to create the ribbon-like edging, then set the banner pieces aside.
- Rip out pages from the used book. Use a letter template to trace the necessary letters onto the back of the pages. Make sure you trace them backward—that way, when you cut them out, the right side won’t have any pencil markings. Double check that you have all the letters you need (and don’t forget the double letters, like P in happy).
- Lay out the banner pieces in whatever order you want, then use the double-sided tape to tape your letters (right-side up) onto the banner pieces. Embellish as desired.
- Use decorative tacks or Washi tape to hang the twine or string, then attach the banner pieces with miniature clothes pins.
Special thanks to Havilah Steinman