Waffles are more than a breakfast treat. Put down the box you found in in the grocery freezer aisle and pick up your whisk, cause we’re making cake!
To make this cake, start with the waffles.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with a hand beater until fluffy. Beat in the flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder and vanilla until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Spray the preheated waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the mix onto the hot waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown.
Next make the cream.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Vanilla extract (to taste)
- Icing sugar (to taste)
- Beat one cup of mascarpone cheese with the vanilla extract and add icing sugar to taste.
For the cake, you’ll need the waffles, mascarpone cream and fruit of your choice.
- Cover the first waffle with the cream and fruit.
- Then add another waffle on top and cover it with cream and fruit. Repeat five or six times.
- Finish the cake with another thin layer of cream, fruit and peppermint leaves.
This waffle cake is the perfect compliment to these berry tarts.