When the days get crisp and the leaves start to fall, there’s nothing more cozy than snuggling up with a good book, a mug of something hot and a plate of sweet treats. This autumn, our plates will be full of Fabiana’s delicious pumpkin spice spritz cookies.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- natural orange food color (optional)
- Sprinkles for garnish
- A spritz cookie press fitted with a pumpkin-shape template
What You’ll Do
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on medium-low until well combined and airy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and the egg; mix to incorporate.
- If desired, add a few drops of natural food color and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- With the electric mixer on low, add flour mixture slowly to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill the Cookie Press with cookie dough.
- Press the cookies onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate cookies with seasonal sprinkles.
- Bake until firm and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let set for 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.