Your bedroom is meant to be a place to relax and unwind. A warm, cozy bed is just one element of your ideal oasis. Certain scents, like lavender, can help make your room soothing and serene.
“Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is considered the most calming herb,” says Alexandra Haley, a family herbalist and detox specialist who owns the Claremont Healing House in Claremont, California. “It’s commonly used for conditions of nervousness, insomnia, anxiety, and quieting the mind and body.”
You can create a spray using lavender essential oil to add a calming scent to your pillows and linens.
What you’ll need:
- Spray bottle (I used a 2-ounce blue glass bottle)
- Distilled water
- Witch hazel
- Lavender essential oil
What you’ll do:
- Use the funnel to fill the spray bottle ⅔ full with distilled water.
- Use the funnel to add witch hazel to fill the bottle to just below the neck.
- Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Screw on the top; then shake to mix the ingredients.
- Lightly spray on your linens.
Note: This made a lavender linen spray with a light, lingering scent. For a stronger scent, add the witch hazel to the bottle first, followed by the essential oil and the distilled water.